GONZALES CHRISTMAS PARADE
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Report by 11:00 am at CMS
- Drop off: 11:00 am in the back parking lot of Central Middle School
- Uniform: We will let you know via Remind text which top we will wear.
- If it is cold - Band Tunic Top, supplied & issued at school with band polo underneath
- If it is warm – Maroon Band Polo
- Black pants (NO faded black jeans, joggers, or leggings)
- Black belt
- Tall black socks
- All black comfortable shoes
- Bring: Instrument in case, flip folder, lyre, and music.
- PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR CHILD THAT THEY HAVE THEIR LYRE AND FLIP FOLDER as they may have misplaced these since football
- Pick-up: Central Middle School back parking lot at approximately 3-4:00 p.m. (REMIND message will be sent when we are leaving the route, text @cmband7 or @cmband8 to 81010 to sign up). Due to safety concerns, we will not be releasing the students at the end of the route. Please pick up at the school.
REHEARSALS FOR PARADE
All rehearsals and performances with the band are mandatory and for a grade.
Please note that there has been a route change. From EA, the parade will now take a LEFT onto Burnside and end at the Eastbank Shopping Center on HWY 30.
Week of 11/27:
Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 6:30 pm - Parent Booster Meeting
Wednesday, Nov. 28 until 4:00 pm - Drumline Practice
Thursday, Nov. 29 until 4:00 pm - Honor Band Help Session
Week of 12/3:
Wednesday, Dec. 5 until 4:00 pm - Parade Practice
Thursday, Dec. 6 until 4:00 pm - Parade Practice
Friday, Dec. 7 until 4:00 pm - Honor Band Help Session
Saturday, Dec. 8 TBA - Honor Band Auditions (individual times TBA)
Sunday, Dec. 9 - Gonzales Christmas Parade
Week of 12/10:
Wednesday, Dec. 12 - Winter Concert