Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Don't forget to stop by the band room!
8:30 a.m. - 6th Grade
12:30 p.m. - 7th & 8th Grade
We have an exciting year of music ahead of us! With a bigger band than ever, I know the successes will be plentiful. I look forward to seeing everyone at Prep Day. Please remember to stop by the band room at the end of your tour.
Be prepared to:
- Sign our handbook agreement
- Receive important dates for the year
- Pay your $35.00 band fee. (check payable to CMS Band Boosters, cash, money order, or credit card)
- Purchase a $20.00 band polo or optional $25.00 sweatshirt/jacket
- Purchase a flip folder and lyre to hold music (7th & 8th Grade only, prices vary per instrument), needed for football games, pep rallies, parades, and other performances. These are also available at the local music stores.
6th Graders - Please check the supply list to make sure you have everything you need. 6th graders must have instruments by August 14th to remain in band.
Yes! 7th & 8th Graders should bring instruments on their first day of band classes! Be sure to restock on reeds, valve oil, sticks, etc. before school begins! Dust off that instrument by practicing some of the football music, available on our website under the Music tab.
**Right now, reeds are cheaper on www.wwbw.com with free shipping.**
Clarinet – Vandoren size 2.5 or 3 (6th graders should buy 1 box of size 2 and the rest size 2.5)
Alto Saxophone – Vandoren size 2.5 or 3 (6th graders should buy 1 box of size 2 and the rest size 2.5)
Stay Connected with Remind
6th Grade - Text @cmband6 to 81010
7th Grade - Text @cmband7 to 81010
8th Grade - Text @cmband8 to 81010
Check the website calendar and news section often for important updates!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!