In order to accommodate seating for all of our guests,
we will hold two separate performances.
6th Grade – 6:00 pm – Students Report by 5:40 pm
7th & 8th Grade – 7:15 pm – Students Report by 6:50 pm
Please leave instrument cases in the car or with parents. Only students with large school owned instruments will be allowed in the band room before the concert.
Graded performance based on:
- On time attendance
- Appropriate dress
- Musical preparation & participation
- Appropriate concert etiquette/behavior
- After the concert, all students are expected to help with clean-up!
- Special Note:
- 6:00 Concert – Students will be dismissed at the end of their performance to make room for the 7th & 8th Grade Bands. 6th Graders are not required to stay for the second concert due to space concerns. However, if they stay they should sit in the audience with adult supervision.
- 7:15 Concert – Students are expected to sit with their band when not performing. The 7:15 Concert should last no more than 1 hr. If 7th & 8th Graders wish to see the 6th graders perform, they should sit in the audience with adult supervision.
Our students have been working very hard in their preparation of this concert. So that audience and performers alike can have an enjoyable musical experience, we have also been practicing appropriate concert etiquette in class and hope that our audience will support us in our efforts!
- Treat the concert as a formal event. Clapping is the appropriate way to show appreciation rather than whistling or cheering. If you really love something, a standing ovation is the best way to show your enthusiasm!
- Everyone should remain seated and quiet during the performances. If you must exit the gym, please do so at the end of a song. Students are asked to go to the bathroom before reporting and will not be dismissed until the conclusion of the concert.
- While we know you are all excited to share your child’s performance with family and friends, remember that copyright laws and school media release laws prohibit the sharing of any visual or audio recordings publicly on sites such a YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Lastly, please turn off your cell phones and other noise making devices!