Students report time no later than 6:10 p.m.
Music starts at 6:30 p.m. in the CMS Gym - Family and friends are invited!
Please leave instrument cases in the car or with parents. Only students with large school owned instruments will be allowed in the band room before the concert.
Graded performance based on:
- On time attendance
- Appropriate dress
- Musical preparation
- Participation, staying for the ENTIRE concert! Bands will perform in this order: 6th, 7th, 8th. Students will be required to sit with their band when not performing. The whole concert should take approximately 45 minutes.
- Appropriate concert etiquette/behavior
- After the concert, all students are expected to help with clean-up!
Our students have been working very hard in their preparation of this concert. So that audience and performers alike can have an enjoyable musical experience, we have also been practicing appropriate concert etiquette in class and hope that our audience will support us in our efforts!
- Treat the concert as a formal event. Clapping is the appropriate way to show appreciation rather than whistling or cheering. If you really love something, a standing ovation is the best way to show your enthusiasm!
- Everyone should remain seated and quiet during the performances. If you must exit the gym, please do so at the end of a song. Students are asked to go to the bathroom before reporting and will not be dismissed until the conclusion of the concert.
- While we know you are all excited to share your child’s performance with family and friends, remember that copyright laws and school media release laws prohibit the sharing of any visual or audio recordings publicly on sites such a YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Lastly, please turn off your cell phones and other noise making devices!
We will be requiring some audience participation on one of our concert songs! We ask you to download one of the apps below. We will let you know during the concert when to turn your sound on, and wait for the cue to have fun!
iPhone – Apple App Store
Jingle+ - Developer – Charlie Williams
Android – Google Play Store
Santa Sleigh Sleigh Bells Ring
Christmas Bells 3D Christmas Jingle Bells
We are seeking digital photographs of family members of band students that have served or are currently serving in the armed forces. Please e-mail the photograph, preferably of the soldier in uniform, to email@example.com. Include the person’s name, relation to student, and branch of the armed forces.