Thankfully, our band room was safe and dry and everyone who responded to the Remind said their instruments were safe and dry. Please, if you have not responded, let me know if you have an instrument need! If you left your instrument in the band room during the flood, you may pick it up tomorrow (Friday) between 8:00 and 3:00.
I know there are many questions you have about returning! Please read on:
- Monday will be a B Day (Woodwinds). 7th & 8th Graders please bring your instruments.
- 6th Graders: We will continue mouthpiece testing and will officially select instruments on Wednesday and Thursday. The 6th Grade Parent Meeting has been rescheduled to Thursday, September 1 at 6:30 p.m. Please try to have an adult representative there.
- The Booster Club Meeting scheduled for August 30 has been postponed until further notice.
- The deadline for all sweatshirt/jacket/polo orders and the $35 band fee has been postponed until after Labor Day, September 6. You can view the order form on our website. Please send me an e-mail or call if this will be a problem for you. We know that even though you may have not taken on water, we have all given everything we can to help our families and neighbors!
- Handbook & Syllabus forms should be turned in ASAP. You can view it on our website and e-mail me with the necessary information if you are unable to print.
- There will be a football season, we will communicate soon what that schedule will look like.
- We are excited to be welcoming Galvez Middle, who will be temporarily holding classes on our campus. Our school is blessed with enough space to accommodate them without impacting the CMS pre-flood schedule and facilities use. They will be operating as their own school within our school and all students will remain with the classmates and teachers they were placed with before the flood. We will do whatever we can to make the Galvez Band, who experienced some serious losses of instruments, feel at home. If you, or someone you know, has a working instrument that is currently not being used, please consider donating/loaning it to the Galvez Band Program.
Seeing what our Mustangs have been doing out in the community for each other these past two weeks has made the faculty at CMS extremely proud! We truly are #AscensionStrong. As we begin this transition back, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions and concerns! firstname.lastname@example.org