Dear Parents and Guardians,
The LMEA State Band Festival and Assessment is on Thursday, April 21st at Hahnville High School, 200 Tiger Dr., Boutte. We have one more rehearsal remaining for state on Wednesday, April 20th until 4:00 p.m.
- DRESS - Wear black pants, maroon band polo, black belt, black tall socks, and black shoes to school. There was an issue at District with shoes not being ALL black or not having TALL black socks, please make sure students have the appropriate shoes and socks (appearance does appear on the judges’ sheets!).
- Students will miss all classes that day so will not need to bring their books. They should check with their teachers the day before to see what work they will be missing.
The schedule for the festival day is as follows:
- 6:30 a.m. SHARP – Report to school and load busses, drop-off in the back parking lot by the band room. Please arrange for a ride this morning. Eat a healthy breakfast BEFORE coming to school.
- 6:45 a.m. – Leave for State
- 8:55 a.m. – Warm-up
- 9:30 a.m. – Performance (parents, family, and friends are welcome to come and listen!)
- 11:00 a.m. – Adventure Quest for Lunch and Laser Tag (1200 Clearview Pkwy, Harahan, 70123) www.lastertagnola.com
- 1:00 p.m. – Head back to CMS
- 2:00 p.m. – Approximate arrival back at CMS
Please note that if students miss a day of state testing earlier in the week, or if they are late to school and unable to take the test, they will have to take the make-up test on Thursday and will NOT be able to attend the field trip. Please make every effort to NOT miss state testing.
There is no cost for this field trip, it has been covered by the fundraised monies from the World’s Finest Chocolate fundraiser. Adventure Quest will include pizza and a drink, laser tag, bumper cars, mini golf, and an adventure maze. If students would like tokens for the arcade or extra snacks, they will need to bring money for that.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions!
Katie M. Codina
Central Middle School
Please send in the permission form by the end of rehearsal on Wednesday, April 20 or e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent emergency contact information.