6:00 pm 6th Grade, students report by 5:40 pm
7:00 pm 7th & 8th Grade, students report by 6:40 pm
Central Middle School Gym
Donations accepted at the door!
Black dress pants (NO faded black jeans, leggings, or joggers), black belt, TALL black socks, all black shoes, maroon band polo tucked in.
Please leave instrument cases in the car or with parents. Only students with large school owned instruments will be allowed in the band room before the concert.
Graded performance based on:
- On time attendance
- Appropriate dress
- Musical preparation
- Participation, staying for the your ENTIRE concert (i.e., the entire 6:00 concert or the entire 7:00 concert)! Students will be required to sit with their band when not performing. The 6:00 Concert should last approximately 30 minutes and the 7:00 Concert should last approximately 1 hour.
- Appropriate concert etiquette/behavior
- After the 7:00 Concert, students are expected to help with clean-up!
Our students have been working very hard in their preparation of this concert. So that audience and performers alike can have an enjoyable musical experience, we have also been practicing appropriate concert etiquette in class and hope that our audience will support us in our efforts!
- Treat the concert as a formal event. Clapping is the appropriate way to show appreciation rather than whistling or cheering. If you really love something, a standing ovation is the best way to show your enthusiasm!
- Everyone should remain seated and quiet during the performances. If you must exit the gym, please do so at the end of a song. Students are asked to go to the bathroom before reporting and will not be dismissed until the conclusion of the concert.
- While we know you are all excited to share your child’s performance with family and friends, remember that copyright laws and school media release laws prohibit the sharing of any visual or audio recordings publicly on sites such a YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
8th Grade Slideshow
We are seeking digital photographs documenting our 8th graders’ three-year journey in band for a special slideshow at the end of the concert. Please e-mail high quality photos to email@example.com. Closeups are better!