Our Pre-Festival Performance is next Wednesday, February 24th at 6:30 p.m. in the CMS Gym. We are excited to have four local judges come in to give us feedback so we can continue to prepare for the District Festival Performance on March 11th. We will perform three songs and demonstrate sight-reading for you.
We invite family and friends to come and see this performance.
- Band Unifom – Maroon band polo, black pants with belt loops, black tall socks, black belt, shirt tucked in
- Report Time – 6:10 p.m. (we should be finished by 7:00 p.m.)
- To get an “A"
- Arrive on time or early
- Have instrument, sticks, reeds, music, etc.
- Be dressed in complete uniform
- Do not have a cell phone on you
- Demonstrate appropriate concert etiquette
- Stay for the entire concert
- Play to the best of your ability
Friday, March 11th at Zachary High School
- Band Uniform
- Leave school at 11:30 p.m. on busses
- Performance at 1:25 p.m.
- Arrive at Malco for bowling, pizza, and arcade at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Parents pick up students at Malco by TBD
- No cost to students (funded by WFC Candy sales)
- Permission slips to be sent home soon!!!
Solo & Ensemble Festival
We will begin selecting music for this year’s Solo & Ensemble Festival (date TBA, during the school day at CMS). Students will have the option of learning a solo, duet, or both. Although all students will be required to learn a solo or duet, it is their option to play the solo for the judge for the potential of earning a medal. Playing for the judge requires a $5.00 fee. Be on the lookout for permission forms for this!
*Potential* Summer Band Camp (applies to current 6th & 7th Graders)
Please take the survey to help us in planning the first annual summer band camp if you have not already!
Band Parent Meeting Tuesday, March 1 at 6:30 p.m.
Topics to include: nominations for booster board positions, festival arrangements, band camp, solo & ensemble, spring concert, etc.