- We are currently trying to clear up all outstanding band fees, WFC fees, etc. before the end of the school year. You should have received an email from email@example.com if you still owe something
- 340 boxes of WFC have been sold, 95 remain (see the previous email for details). Supermarket sale has been set-up at Ralph’s on Germany & Hwy 44 on May 26 between 9am-2pm. Participants that come out will get free bowling passes.
- Technology updates for growing band and growing class sizes
- Mounting a large donated screen, installing a projector, ordering and installing a sound system
- Color printing services for the covers of the programs
- 15-20 heavy-duty Music Stands
- Shelving for more instruments
6th Grade Band Festival
- Friday, May 4, St. Dominic School Gymnasium, 6326 Memphis St., New Orleans (on Harrison & Canal Blvd.)
- Leave CMS NLT 8:30 am, students will be called out of class when it is time to report
- Students should wear their band uniform to school (maroon band polo, black pants, black belt, black tall socks, black shoes), and have their supplies for 1st and 4th block
- Perform at 10:00 am – anyone welcome to come see the performance!
- There WILL be room on the bus for parents. Parents who are driving, please do not get in between the busses and band trailer and note that the school side of Vicksburg St. when we arrive will be for busses only. There should be parking available on the neutral ground of Harrison Ave.
- We will need help – moving large equipment into the gym and setting up before the performance and serving lunch when we get to the park.
- It is VERY important that the kids move orderly from the busses to the performance, DO NOT play on their instruments outside of our performance, and do not talk during the other bands’ performances. We have been practicing this process a lot! Please help in monitoring this if you are chaperoning.
- We should arrive back to school around 1:30 p.m.
- May 17, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. at the new EAHS Cafetorium
- All students are required to attend for a grade
- 6th grade reports by 5:50 p.m., 7th & 8th grade reports by 6:10 p.m.
- Donations will be accepted at the door
- Slideshow to honor the 8th graders – email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donut party the following morning in the band room – email email@example.com if you would like to help!
Solo & Ensemble Festival
- During the school day the week of May 14. Students have been preparing solos and/or duets to play for a judge for the opportunity of receiving a medal
- June 18-22, 9am-4pm at CMS (early drop off is ok between 8-9 if need be, just email Ms. Codina)
- This camp is OPTIONAL but A LOT of FUN!
- $100 due by May 20
Scheduling Band for 2018-2019
- Future 6th Graders – I will be visiting their elementary schools in the next two weeks to give the music aptitude test.
- *Change* - We will now be doing Instrument Fittings for incoming 6th graders BEFORE school starts so we can begin playing immediately. Students must attend one of these fittings in order to be scheduled in band – May 21 or Jun 19.
- Future 7th Graders – will have many more performance opportunities including: 1-2 football game performances, many pep rallies, marching in the Christmas Parade, Pre-Festival Performance, and District Festival Performances. They should expect to be using all the fundamentals skills they learned in beginning band to be able to play much MORE MUSIC!
- Future 8th Graders – will be adding a Fall Concert (Halloween themed), playing at 3-4 home football games, a handful more in-school performances at Pep-Rallies, performance with the EAHS Spartan Band at an EA Football game, and many more music making opportunities. Our 8th grade band is our PREMIERE band where students step into their roles as the leaders of the band program. They play advanced music at a refined level. This is the year we all work towards. If they’ve been in band for 6th & 7th, they owe it to themselves to go all the way!
Booster Officers 2018-2019
Thanks so much for offering your talents and time!
- President – Kayla Daigle
- Vice President – Jessica Ockman
- Treasurer – Yvette Froisy
- Secretary – TBA
- Recorder/PR – Katie Aucoin
- Members-at-Large – Caress Tureau and Kayla Lafleur
Prep Day 2018
- We need YOUR help!
- August 1, 2018
- 8:30 am - 6th Grade
- 12:00 pm – 7th & 8th Grade
- 7th & 8th Grade Bands received Sweepstakes Superior Ratings (the highest ratings) at their LMEA District IV Festival performances in March
- 8 6th Graders were selected and performed at the Greater Baton Rouge Honor Band in April:
- Cole Hewitt, Kristiahn Foster, Austin Bryant, Paislie Daigle, Anderson Boxberger, Kaden Armand, Isabella Frosch, Tanner Stanga
- 6 7th & 8th Graders were selected and will perform at the Louisiana Bandmasters Association’s All-Star state-wide Honor Band in June at ULL
- Hannah May, Avery Ockman, Autumn Eaves, Kaitlyn Smith, Ethan Wireman, Ethan Babin
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!