East Ascension High School Band
Frequently Asked Questions
For several reasons, most important being that the Band at EA is a close-knit group of extremely successful and hardworking students who can help your child make a smooth transition into high school…which can be a very intimidating experience for 8th graders! We are a family here in the EA Band program!
Are there academic advantages to my child being in band?
YES…studies have proven that test scores rise proportionately higher with the length of time spent studying music in school, and our Band program has a history of outstanding students who place at the top of their class!
I’m not sure whether I will like band or not. What should I do?
All students are encourage to – at the very least – try band for the summer band practices. Most students find once they try it and get over the summer camp experience, they love it!
Can my child participate in the Band and sports at E.A.?
Our Band students participate in every sport at E.A., and we make it work! We will communicate with the coach and “share” the students without allowing him/her to become overwhelmed. We promise, IT WORKS!!
How does marching band help students earn P.E. Credits?
Students will earn all of their P.E. Credits and ARTS required for graduations by being in the band at EA for four years.
Does E.A. Band take trips?
Yes! Every year all the bands at EA take trips to District and State Festival! Every other year, we take bigger, out-of-state trips. We encourage everyone to go on the band trips, and we do fundraisers to help offset the costs.
- Colorguard Auditions - Monday–Wednesday, April 5-7, 3-5pm
- Drumline Auditions - TBA
Summer Band Dates
- Summer Drumming/Summer Spinning – 1 day a week in June
- Drumline/Colorguard Camp – Monday-Friday, July 10-14, 3pm-8pm Mandatory for ALL percussion and color guard members
- New Member Camp - Monday–Wednesday, July 17-19, 3pm-8pm Mandatory for ALL new members
- Full Band Camp – Thursday, July 20-Wednesday, August 3. No weekend. 3pm-8pm. Mandatory for ALL band members
Students and Parents – sign up for text notifications for all things EA Band. We use this frequently, and it is a great way to stay in touch with what is going on!
- Text to number 81010
- In body of text message, type: @prideofea
- A confirmation text will be sent to you asking for you name. Your information (phone number) is not shared with anyone for signing up.
Summer Private Lessons
- Mondays in June in the EAHS Band Room.
- We offer lessons on every instrument! We have a limited number of school instruments available to sign out to use, please contact the directors about this.
- Each lesson is 30 minutes long with a specialist on your instrument.
- Cost is $15/lesson
- If interested in lessons, please email Brett Storms (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you will be scheduled a lesson time and put in contact with your lesson teacher.
EAHS Band Contact Information
Director of Bands – Patti Roussel – email@example.com
Assistant Band Director – Brett Storms – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Band Director – Leah Schmidt – email@example.com
Band Room Phone #: 225-391-6132
Band Website: www.eahsband.com