Students that do not have a time but still want to audition can late register between 8:00-10 am the day of the auditions.
- Instrument (even tubas are responsible for bringing their own instrument)
- Audition music (Scales & the Etude)
- Mallets (percussion)
- Optional: Water bottle/Jacket in case the room is cold
Dress is casual but keep in mind many band directors have told their students to dress nice, so you may want to as well.
Many instruments audition in two rooms. For example, they may play their scales in one room and their etude and sight-reading in another room. These rooms will be next door to each other and clearly labeled.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday next week. Pick up NLT 3:45 pm. Sign-up in the band room.
Students should arrive 20-30 minutes before their scheduled audition time to check-in and warm-up.
The best way to not be nervous is to be prepared. Spend this last week practicing everyday! Some other tips:
- Focus the most on the parts you feel the least comfortable with
- Practice with a metronome (scales at 72) online or borrow one from the band room.
- Play your full audition for someone
- Listen to and play along with the recordings online at: https://www.livingstonparishbands.org/middle-school-audition-material
- On the day of the auditions, avoid listening outside the door and comparing yourself to others. Be confident and be the best version of you when you walk in the room!