Sunday, December 13, 2015
12/11/15 CHRISTMAS PARADE UPDATE
Due to weather concerns the following adjustments have been made:
- Parade will now roll at 1:00 instead of 2:00
- Report time is now 11:15 at CMS
- Uniform: CONCERT UNIFORM! Black pants, black tall socks, black shoes, black belt, MAROON BAND POLO. We will NOT wear tunics.
- Please pick up a clear poncho in case there is a drizzle, note we DO NOT plan to march if it is pouring rain.
- Sunday morning there will be a decision amongst all of the Ascension Parish middle school band directors and the Director of Middle Schools whether or not the parish bands will march. I will send out a remind/email to let everyone know if it is cancelled. Please be signed up for remind messages: text @cmband7 or @cmband8 to 81010.
The Central Mustang Band, Cheerleaders, and Dance Team will be marching in the annual Gonzales Christmas Parade. Here are the details for the all of the performers:
- Equipment: Instrument in case, flip folder, lyre, and music (Jingle Bell Rock).
- Pick-up Options: The end of the parade in the bowling alley parking lot. OR Central Middle School at approximately 4:00 p.m. (REMIND message will be sent when we are close to the end of the route, text @cmband7 or @cmband8 to 81010 to sign up)
- Rehearsals for the Parade:
- Tuesday, December 1 – 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. (DRUMLINE ONLY)
- Friday, December 4 – 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. All 7th & 8th Graders
- Friday, December 11 – 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. All 7th & 8th Graders
Please complete the attached permission form and return to Ms. Codina as soon as possible!