8th graders perform with the EA Band during the football game. Students have a great time and get to experience what it is like to play at a high school football game!
- Students need to report to the Gonzales Primary Gymnasium by 5:45.
- Parents should drop off the students at the Gonzales Primary Gymnasium at 521 N Burnside Ave, Gonzales, LA 70737.
- Students need to wear band uniforms (band polo, black pants, black belt, long black socks, and black shoes).
- Students need to bring their instruments, flip folders, lyres, and mouthpieces. Drum, baritone & tubas need to work with Ms. Codina to ensure that your instruments and equipment are transported to and from CMS.
- EA will provide dinner to the CMS band students during halftime.
- Students need to be picked-up at the end of the game by the Gonzales Primary Gymnasium (estimate 9:45). A text will be sent out at the end of the 3rd quarter, but please note that traffic may be heavy, so please allow time to arrive and park. To sign up for text alerts - Text @cmband8 to 81010
- Band members will be able to attend the game for free. Parents are encouraged to stay, but will be required to pay $8 admission fee at the gate
- Dance, Cheer, and Football should plan to split their time. Report to band first to make sure your instrument makes it to the stands.
- Please note that this is an 8th grade band performance so it and is mandatory and for a grade.