- Saturday, December 12 at East Ascension High School (at a time that will be individually assigned to the student, TBD, the entire process only takes 30-45 mins). Be sure you are available for all the honor band rehearsal times and concert before auditioning!
- Audition Requirements (also found in the back of the student’s red band book)
- Tutoring: All students auditioning should sign up for free tutoring on my office door, available after school.
- Results will be posted and e-mailed the same day
If Selected for the Band:
- Students must be present for 100% of all rehearsals and performance in order to participate in Honor Band weekend
- Tuesday, January 12 - Rehearsal - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM at Denham Springs Junior High
- Thursday, January 14 - Rehearsal - 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM at SLU
- Friday, January 15 - Rehearsal - 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at SLU
- Saturday, January 16 - Dress Rehearsal - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM at SLU
- Saturday, January 16 - CONCERT - 11:00 AM at SLU
- The CMS Booster Club will provide chaperones and arrange for housing for the students for Honor Band weekend.
If you would like to sign up, please sign the form below and send with the $10.00 audition payment before October 30th!
Student’s Name: __________________________________________________________________________
As parent/guardian of the student named above, I grant permission for my students to be registered for the District IV Honor Band Auditions. I also grant permission for my student’s name, school affiliation, contact information, instrument, and grade to be submitted to the District IV Band Directors Association by the student’s music instructor, who is a member of the association. I also understand that the student will be photographed and video recorded for the performance.
Print Parent/Guardian’s Name: ______________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s Signature: ____________________________________________ Date: _____________
To download a printable copy of this form: