*Best place to RECEIVE news is through Remind & the website.
*Best place to ASK questions is through email to email@example.com.
- Remind… Text to 81010
- 6th Grade - @cmband6
- 7th Grade - @cmband7
- 8th Grade - @cmband8
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.cmsmustangband.com
- Reeds - Vandoren 2.5 or 3
- Korg Metronome and Tuner Combo with contact mic
- Instrument & sticks should be labeled with name
- Flip folder & Music lyre
- Cleaning supplies
- *Optional* Music stand for at-home practice
REQUIRED BAND UNIFORM
- Maroon band polo (available for $20)
- Black dress slacks (no black jeans*, leggings, or joggers)
- Black tall socks
- Black shoes (closed toe)
- Black belt
- Hoodies can be worn to school but are not part of the performance uniform. We do not currently have an ETA on these, although they have been ordered.
- Combination of attendance at performances, rehearsals, daily participation, playing tests, quizzes, and at-home practice assignments.
- Attendance at all performances are mandatory and for a grade.
PRACTICING HABITS Instruments should go home daily!
- 3-4 times a week, especially on the days they DON’T have band
- Structured just like class
- Online play-along tracks
- Needing motivation? Contact me!
- Posted online at www.cmsmustangband.com/calendar, Click + icon to sync to your google calendar
- Kayla Daigle, president
- Jessica Ockman, VP
- Yvette Froisy, treasurer
- Angela Stanga, secretary
- Katie Aucoin, recorder/pr
- Caress Tureau, member at large
- Kayla Lafleur, member at large
- 100 music stands & carts approx. $6,000
- 100 music chairs & carts approx. $6,000
- Percussion instructor (regular basis) and other instruments on as needed basis
- Vibraphone and/or marimba
- Paper towels
- Valve oil
- Clorox wipes
- Cleaning rags/old towels/old t-shirts cut up
- World’s Finest Chocolate - Do we want to change this?
- All students MUST participate in the fundrasier. If you do not wish to sell items, you may pay the opt-out fee.
HOME FOOTBALL GAMES
- Thursdays, Sept 20, Sept 27, Oct 18 (8th Grade Recognition AND Only “required” game for 7th grade)
- Do we want to do something for the 8th graders on recognition night?
- Report NLT 4:30 pm in Band Uniforms
- Donations of snacks/water
- Volunteers to hand out water, monitor students during breaks, etc.
- 7th Graders wanting to attend the September games will be required to attend after school practices on:
- Wednesdays, Sept 5, 12, 19 until 4:00
- Tuesday, October 9
- Report 6:10 pm, Concert 6:30 in CMS Gym
- Band uniform
- Purpose of the concert
- Guest performers?!?
8TH GRADE NIGHT
- Required for all 8th graders (including cheer, dance, and football)
- 8th graders will perform with the H.S. in the stands!
- Band uniform
- Report NLT 5:20 pm at the Gonzales Primary Gym next to the EA stadium
- EA will provide pizza and water
- Required for all 8th Graders
- Wednesday, October 24 – Report 6:10 pm, Concert 6:30 pm
- Students wear Halloween costume OR band uniform, audience is also encouraged to wear costumes
- Trick-or-treating - How do we want to handle candy for this event?
- Backdrop Committee
LMEA STATE CONFERENCE (Warm-up Demonstration Clinic for Band Directors throughout the state!)
- 8th Graders and Invited 7th Graders
- Monday, November 29 (first Monday of Thanksgiving break), Report TBA, Perform 8:00 am
- Crown Plaza Hotel, BR - We will do busses
- Wednesday, December 12 - 6th Grade Concert 6:00 pm - 7th & 8th Grade Concert 7:15 pm
- Auditions are held in December to select participants
- 8th Graders are required to audition, 7th graders are encouraged to audition
- Auditions Saturday, Dec. 8 at EAHS, individual times will be assigned
- Sign-ups will go out in October, $10 to audition
- Afterschool help sessions will be offered to work on the music
- Sunday, Dec 9 - Report 11:00 am
- November 27
- February 26 - In conjunction with Solo & Ensemble Concert
- April 30 - Elections