8th Grade Band Night at East Ascension High School
Friday, October 19, 2018
This is a fun and exciting opportunity for the students to sit with the EA Band in the stands at the football game and perform with them. All 8th grade band students are required to attend, this is a performance grade. Here are the details:
- Report time – 5:20 p.m. at Gonzales Primary Gym (building on the side of the EAHS Stadium)
- CMS Band Uniform - Black pants (no jeans, leggings, or joggers), black socks, black shoes, black belt, Maroon Band Polo tucked in.
- What to Bring – Instrument and Music in Flip Folder. EA is playing one of our songs with us in the stands and we will play 2 of theirs. Large instruments – tuba, baritone, percussion – will load their instrument in my van during 4th block.
- Water and food will be provided. No outside food or drinks will be allowed in the stands
- Students are encouraged to stay the entire game, however, they are only required to stay until the end of 3rd quarter. Parents can start checking them out with me during 4th quarter if they would like to leave. Otherwise, all remaining students will be dismissed from the Gonzales Primary Gym at the end of the game. A Remind message (text @cmband8 to 81010 to sign up) will be sent out when the game is about to end.
Monday, October 8 afterschool until 4:00 pm
High school students will come to CMS and show our 8th graders how to play some of the high school songs for the game. This session is optional, but highly encouraged and recommended! It will be a great mentoring opportunity and a chance for our 8th graders to learn more about the high school band!