Topics will include:
- Band “need-to-knows” such as necessary supplies, uniforms, practice tips, etc.
- Upcoming performances such as football games, 8th Grade Night at EA, Fall concert, Parade, and Winter concert
- Honor Band auditions
- Volunteers opportunities
- $35 Band Fees are due, you can pay online at http://www.cmsmustangband.com/store/p2/Band_Fee_.html or send a check to school. Students will not receive their band books until this has been paid, as this is one of the items that the band fee purchases.
- To know what day it is at school, A Day or B Day, check the front page of our website daily www.cmsmustangband.com. There you will also see the latest remind messages.
6th Grade Only:
- Deadline for Beginners to have their instruments is September 1, tomorrow!
7th & 8th Grade Only:
- We will do a flip folder check for a grade next Tuesday & Wednesday after Labor Day. All students playing in football band MUST have their flip folder, lyre, and their music organized in this order: Fight Song, Star Spangled Banner, then everything else alphabetical order. Flip folders are available for $10 and lyre for $8 from school OR you can stop by Alison’s Music and get what you need.
- Our first game is next Thursday, September 7 at CMS. Report time is NO LATER than 4:30 p.m. in full band uniform (black pants, black belt, black shoes, black socks, maroon band polo). This game is optional for 7th graders to attend but mandatory for all 8th graders (and 7th grade drummers). However, if they are planning to be there, they should plan to play in the band! Thursday is a half day at school, so please make sure you’ve made arrangements for transportation. Games last approximately 1 to 1.5 hours, we will send a remind message during the last quarter to let you know when you can come and pick up. Text @cmband8 to 81010 to sign up for our remind messages.