- Date - Saturday, December 10 at East Ascension High School at a time that will be individually assigned to the student TBD. Be sure you are available for all the rehearsal times and concert before auditioning!
- Audition Fee - $10 pre-registration fee
- Audition Requirements -
- Tutoring - Optional after-school tutoring will be available for students auditioning. Check the band calendar for dates and times, http://www.cmsmustangband.com/calendar.html
If Selected for the Band
- There is a sight-reading rehearsal held on a Tuesday night at Denham Springs Junior High, but the majority of the rehearsals and concert are held during “Honor Band Weekend” (no school missed) on the campus of Southeastern University in Hammond. Students spend the weekend overnight there. The CMS Booster Club provides chaperones and arranges hotel and transportation accommodations. Students will be required to pay a portion of the hotel fee, approximately $50 or less, TBD.
- Students must be present for 100% of all rehearsals and the concert in order to participate.
- Sight-reading Rehearsal - Tuesday, Jan 10 - 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM at Denham Springs Junior
- Honor Band Weekend in Hammond –
- Thursday, Jan 12 - Rehearsal - 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM at SLU
- Friday, Jan 13 (no school that day) - Rehearsals - 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at SLU
- Saturday, Jan 14 - Rehearsal & Concert – TBA in the morning at SLU
Student’s Name: ____________________________________________________ Instrument: ________________
Please list any conflicts that the district may need to take into consideration when scheduling the student’s audition time on December 10th (i.e., sports event from 9:00 am – 11:00 am). Be specific, the honor band association will try its best to accommodate you! ________________________________________
As parent/guardian of the student named above, I grant permission for my students to be registered for the District IV Honor Band Auditions. I also grant permission for my student’s name, school affiliation, contact information, instrument, and grade to be submitted to the District IV Band Directors Association by the student’s music instructor, who is a member of the association. I also understand that the student, if selected, will be photographed and video recorded for the performance.
Print Parent/Guardian’s Name: ___________________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian’s Signature: _________________________________________________ Date: _____________