Christmas Parade - 7th & 8th Grade
- We need volunteers to walk with the band for the Christmas Parade, e-mail email@example.com to volunteer.
- In need of donations of chips/snacks for the end (we have plenty of water already), send to band room
- After school band practice this Wednesday (11/29) & next Wednesday (12/6) until 3:45 pm
Honor Band Auditions - 7th & 8th Grade
- Auditions next Saturday Dec 9 at EA! Students that did NOT pay to pre-register can still audition by going the day of the audition between 8-10 am, pay the $15 “late registration” fee, and sign up for a time.
- Help Session this Thursday after school until 3:45 pm
Winter Concert - All Grades
- Space in the gym/parking lots/etc. is a concern, so there is a new time change:
- 6th Graders will perform at 6:00, report time NLT 5:45
- 7th & 8th Graders will perform at 7:00, report time 6:40
- 6th graders can stay to see the older students perform, but they will also be able to see them perform at the Talent Show.
- Anyone interested in helping to decorate, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeking donations of color printing services to do the COVERS of the programs.
- Band Uniform - Black pants (no leggings, jeans, or joggers), Black belt, TALL Black socks, ALL Black closed-toe shoes, Maroon Band Polo ($20)
- Donations will be taken at the door to help support our instructional staff.
- We’ve been fortunate to have instructors come and work with the kids in all areas of the band, but most particularly percussion and brass. This has helped us to break up our very large classes so that we can give more individualized instruction. We are interested in seeing this process grow and flourish as we are seeing the results in our kids’ performance. Please donate if you can to help us sustain this until our fundraiser begins next semester. Many of the instructors are paid $25 per class they teach, so please consider “sponsoring a class”. If you would like to donate to this cause before the concert, you are welcome to send a check made out to CMS Booster Club to school.
- World’s Finest Chocolate Fundraiser will be when we return from Winter Break
- Pictures from the Fall Concert are online at http://www.cmsmustangband.com/2017-2018.html
Thanks again for all you do to support your child in their musical endeavors. Please let me know if you have any questions!