8th Grade Band Night at East Ascension High School
Friday, September 27, 2019
Experience Friday Night Football with the EA Band!
This is a fun and exciting opportunity for our 8th grade band students to sit with the EA Band in the stands at the football game and perform with them. EA will play one of our songs with us in the stands and we will learn a few of their songs to play with them. Year after year our 8th graders always say how this performance is one of their favorites of the year! All 8th grade band students are required to attend as this is a performance grade.
Here are the details:
- Report Time & Location
- *** CHANGE*** 5:45 p.m. at the back of the stadium - Corner of N. Pleasant Ave. and W. Roosevelt St. due to ongoing construction.
- What to Wear
- CMS Band Uniform - Black pants (no jeans, leggings, or joggers), black socks, black shoes, black belt, Maroon Band Polo tucked in.
- What to Bring
- Instrument and Music in Flip Folder. EA is playing one of our songs with us in the stands and we will play 2 of theirs. Large instruments – tuba, baritone, percussion, bari sax – will load their instruments in my van during 4th block.
- Please leave your cases in the car!
- Food & Drink
- Water and food (jambalaya) will be provided by the EA Band around half time. No outside food or drinks will be allowed in the stands
- Tickets for Parents (Students get in free)
- Tickets for the game are $15 for reserved seats (they do have some available and these are closer to the band), general admission seats are $8 and usually are on the visitors side but there are some on our side also. All tickets can be purchased at the gate.
- Pick-up Time & Location
- Students are encouraged to stay for the entire game (some of the best band traditions happen during 4th quarter!). However, students are only required to stay until the end of 3rd quarter. Parents can start checking students out with Ms. Codina at start of 4th quarter from the stands if they would like to leave. Otherwise, all remaining students will be dismissed from the back of the stadium where you dropped off your child. A Remind message (text @cmband8 to 81010 to sign up) will be sent out when the game is about to end.
A Note for our Football/Cheer/Dance Members
- If the EA Football/Cheer/Dance teams announce that they will also host 8th graders that night, you will be expected to split your time. Please make sure to speak with Ms. Codina about coordinating the night.