They can choose activities on each day of Thanksgiving Break with the goal being to accomplish as many activities as possible. A minimum of 12 will be required to receive an "A”. A parent signature will verify completion of the activities.
Prizes will be given for students going above and beyond the requirement!
Just in case you will be out of town for Thanksgiving week, students can begin now and this chart will not be due until December 1. The activities can be completed in any order and on any day, the calendar is just a suggested timeline.
The activities are designed to encourage repetition – an important component of practice – but also to encourage them to explore some new music. Hopefully they will have fun with this assignment!
They will receive a copy of this assignment in band class, but it is also attached.
- Booster Parent Meeting – November 28 at 6:30 in the CMS Bandroom
- Winter Concert – December 12
- Students will need their band uniform for the concert:
- Maroon Band Polo ($20 purchased from the Band Boosters)
- Black pants (no leggings, joggers, or faded black jeans)
- Black tall socks
- Black shoes
- Black belt