PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, here are a few housekeeping items to ensure a successful start of the year:
- All 7th & 8th Graders should be bringing their instruments back and forth to school, they should not be left in the band room overnight (exception: tuba, baritones, bell kits). I often do “shelf checks” to make sure instruments are going home so students can practice. If they chronically leave their instruments on the shelf, they will lose that privilege and have to carry it around!
- All instrument cases/drum sticks/flip folders/lyres should be clearly labeled with the student’s name on it.
- CALENDAR - important dates available online
- BAND FEES
- $35.00 band fees are due ASAP (check payable to CMS Band Boosters, cash, money order, or credit card).
- Band binders and necessary music will go out next week. Students will not receive these materials until fees are paid.
- POLO & SWEATSHIRT ORDERS
- FLIPS & LYRES
- Flip folder and lyre to hold music, needed for football games, pep rallies, parades, and other performances. These are available at the local music stores, but you can order through us as well.
- Handbook agreement forms will go home with students that did not attend Prep Day. Please sign and return these ASAP.
Upcoming Important Dates (Aug/Sept)
- Drumline Auditions – Monday, Aug 14 until 4:00 in the Bandroom
- Open House – August 20
- Booster Meeting - August 28 @ 6:30 pm in the Bandroom
- Home Game v. Prairieville - September 20, Report 4:30 pm in the Bandroom (8th Grade only, all drumline)
- Home Game v. St. Amant - September 27, Report 4:30 pm in the Bandroom (8th Grade only, all drumline, 7th Grade optional)
- 7th Grade - Text @cmband7 to 81010
- 8th Grade - Text @cmband8 to 81010
Check the website calendar and news section often for important updates!
Thanks for your continual encouragement with your child’s music education! As always, if you have a question, e-mail email@example.com!